Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What's new?

Yesterday was my first day on the new job. It involved mostly getting things set up and trying to figure out what in the world is going on (as most new jobs do). Today was more of the same starting off with a mound of paperwork that has to be filled out. But so far so good.

I'm back at ATS now, not as an employee but as a tenant. It's kind of weird to be back in the old office again. It's like going home to live with your parents after a while away. You're not really sure how you fit in and things will never quite be the same, but it is all oddly familiar. One thing is for sure, it's a lot quieter than the average 10 minute span at my house. The boys have 3 settings:
  • Off
  • Loud
  • Noisy
and the first setting is only available with great force of will (on our part).

I'll post a pic of my home office constisting of 2 tray tables and a yoga ball. The yoga ball is actually quite comfortable (more than most office chairs) and the tray tables work well unless the boys bump into them or we need to get into the file cabinet that they sit in front of. We are so ready to move and get more space.

1 comment:

Edward Carson said...

I really want your job; of course, not that I can do it. I had a female friend years ago who told me that when she worked from home for the College Board, she had to make her self get up each morning and shower, drink coffee, and go to her work place (home office). If not, she would do laundry, watch game shows, and take short sleeping breaks. I really want to see the home office.