Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Politics and religion

I've often thought about whether I should try to be profound in my blog posts by talking about politics or religion. Most of my posts are about my life and family and more of a digital diary than any attempt to discuss hard hitting topics. It works well as a communication mechanism as well.

I've been reading my brother-in-law Eddie's blog. He's a history teacher and posts about politics and culture. I've started commenting and debating on his blog, but I don't think I want to get in to that here. Now religion is another story. Maybe I'll start trying to post deeply spiritual questions and start debates and win people over with my eloquent arguments.

More likely I'd just make a fool of myself, but since I've never been afraid of doing that maybe I'll give it a try.

1 comment:

Edward Carson said...

Be careful. Next thing you know, religion starts to sound more and more like politics. Funny, but I have been thinking about a few blog pieces dealing with the role of religion and government. I guess I need to study this more, which really has been my big interest of late (example: religion and the death penalty).