Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Star Wars Dream

A Star Wars dream is the pinnacle of dreams to remember in my book. Here is my dream from last night as best I can remember.

Obi-Wan is on board the Death Star and is somewhat friendly but cautious about the leadership. At some point, he realizes that Tarkin isn't just a politician but is evil and they fight and Obi-wan runs.

Now he is trying to escape the station. He has a group of friends including Han Solo and some other faces I recognized but can't remember. They are hanging out in the cafeteria dressed as Imperial officers.

Obi-wan sneaks through the Death Star and enters an office area and sneaks through the cubicles (these are like you'd see in any modern-day office). He will need a distraction to escape and communicates with his friends to be ready.

I (or my avatar in the dream) am following behind him, crouching through the cubicles.

He encounters a small teaching pod where the teacher is showing something incorrect (related to Christmas and different names for the holiday) so he corrects her and talks with the kids. Another teacher recognizes him after a while due to the security bulletins, so we must move on.

Cut to the distraction. Han Solo and friends are having a firefight in the cafeteria. Everyone is bouncing around shooting lasers and using the metal food trays to block the blaster fire. They are remarkably effective but every time they are hit it makes a loud clanging noise.


Cut to myself outside the movie watching it with some people. I remark that that they should make the Stormtrooper armor out of the trays, and could you imagine being inside that and being hit. It would be effective but extremely noisy. The people I'm laughing about this with are my Uncle Drake and then my dad.

Cut back to the movie. Obi-wan passes by the cafeteria observing the firefight and moves into the gift shop where there are 3 children looking around. I remember that these children had been cast and people were doubting their acting ability. They seem fine. After a brief time, they break into song and dance. It’s not a horrible routine.

We move on, and there's another room and now others are singing and we're in a full blown Star Wars musical and it's just awful. They ruined a movie that started off great.


Then I woke up and went over all this in my head multiple times before going back to sleep so I could remember it and share it with you.


No comments: