Saturday, June 02, 2012

Nervously Sufficient Worship

For some reason I am a bit nervous about worship tomorrow. I had a harder than usual time picking out songs that went with the lesson without giving everything a down in the dumps feeling.

This week I read an article from Jim Martin (habit #5) that made me realize that every attempt will not be a home run. Not ever service will be amazing. But whatever the feeling, God will use my effort for His purpose whether it is to humble me or to touch someone that I may not know of in a way I could never imagine.

Just now I stumbled across 2 Corinthians 3:4-6
"Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

God will make whatever I offer sufficient. God will make my ministry sufficient. God will make my worship sufficient. I will offer my best and let God do the rest.

No comments: